We make a few critical decisions when goods are imported into the United States. What's the classification? What's the country of origin? Should a freight deduction be taken? Is the packaging dutiable? Are there any dutiable assists? While we do our best to get these right based on the information we have, a commercial invoice doesn't always tell the whole story.
With this in mind, we built the Entry Confirmation feature so you can validate the accuracy of the entry before it gets transmitted to CBP. Better yet, you can choose to confirm only those entries in which the total duty or total duty rate exceeds a threshold that you can customize. When Entry Confirmation is enabled, selected users will receive an email asking them to confirm the entry.
Here's a quick description of how it works.
Enabling Entry Confirmation
- From your company settings, enable Entry Confirmation
- Decide whether you want to confirm every entry or only those that exceed a certain threshold
- If you choose to conditionally validate entries, set the parameters you're comfortable with (e.g., all entries with a duty greater than $2,000)
- Select the documents you want to accompany the Entry Confirmation email
For forwarders, you can overwrite these rules at the importer level. If one importer requires Entry Confirmation while others do not, you can turn this on and customize the threshold levels from each importer's profile.
- From your user profile, check the email box alongside "Entry Confirmation"
- The email will include a draft copy of the CBP Form 7501 (Entry Summary) and any other documents that were requested from your settings
- After reviewing the entry, the user should either (a) click the Confirm link to send the entry to CBP or (b) contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request changes
All users with this notification turned on will receive the Entry Confirmation email. Only one person needs to confirm in order for the entry to be transmitted to CBP.
It's critically important that somebody confirms the entry. If not confirmed, the entry will not transmitted to CBP, which might cause delays in release.